Tuesday, November 1, 2011

United States Flag and Patriotisim

Ok, boys and girls let’s have a chat about the flag and patriotism. We will start with the flag. If you are going to put out the flags please show it the respect it deserves. There are a few rules for this. If you look at the federal code for displaying and presenting the flag it will cross your eyes and jumble your brain. I am not saying you have to follow these rules to a tee but, at least know and understand them. You know when your flag is old torn and dirty get a new one and give the other one to the local VFW where it can be disposed of properly. The pledge of allegiance has to be one of the finest things ever written. To hear it broken down and explained is awesome and the best one I have found is from many years ago by Red Skelton and can be seen on YouTube.

And now for patriotism. I think America is suffering on this one, because of the public’s view of the government and wars of the last 10-20 years. I know what you are saying those bastards are all in it for themselves. But, come on America if you don’t love it here then do something about it and help make it a place that you can be proud of, that is what it means to be a patriot.

pa•tri•ot•ism  noun; devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty.

I know that the choices for presidents that we have been handed over the last 20 years have been on the low end. Ok, the bottom of the barrel. But we are the only ones that can change this, by choosing the smart candidate. Does it really matter what party they are? I know that most of the people if not all of the people in America have both Democratic and Republican values and I fully believe that everyone is not 100% for either parties ideals, simply because each party is so varied in their own views on just about every topic. I know that I have both Democratic and Republican views I would support each of them on many of their views. For instance gun control. I think that some guns should not be able to be purchased by civilians. Do I want a AK assault rifle? Yes, should I be able to just go and buy one? No. there fun to shoot, but are they useful is the question. I do not see a need to use one for hunting. The deer are not shooting back and I do not need to defend my tree stand. I just do not see the need by everyday Americans to have assault rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment